Frequently asked questions
- What does the MoneyBack Guarantee cancellation package offer?
- When does “MoneyBack Guarantee” begin and end?
- Are there exclusions?
- Can I change my mind after purchasing MoneyBack Guarantee?
- How do I file a claim for refund?
- What is the maximum time limit in which I can file a claim?
- What documents do I need to provide, when I file my claim?
- When do I get my entitled refund and how will I receive the amount?
- Who is considered as an “immediate family” member?
- Who do I contact for information, in case of a claim?
Additional services Back to top
What does the MoneyBack Guarantee cancellation package offer?
MoneyBack Guarantee will provide you with a refund for any unused ticket fare you have paid, due to:
-sudden and serious illness, resulting in hospitalisation
-accidental injury, resulting in hospitalisation, or
-death, occurring to you or a member of your immediate family,
which prevents or makes it unreasonable for you to carry out your trip.
MoneyBack Guarantee does not cover supplementary purchases, such as hotels, car rental etc.
When does “MoneyBack Guarantee” begin and end?
Your MoneyBack Guarantee begins from the time the service is purchased on our site and expires upon completion of check-in at the first point of departure.
Are there exclusions?
Yes. You are not entitled to a refund, even if an incident resulting in injury, illness, or death has occurred during the covered period, in the following cases:
• An illness or death is the result of a pre-existing medical condition or chronic illness, which could be expected to occur within the coverage period of MoneyBack Guarantee
• An illness or death is caused by surgery, a change of treatment, or medication for a pre-existing medical condition
• An examination, treatment and/or admittance to a hospital were planned prior to the flight being booked
• The symptoms that accompany a normal pregnancy, which are of a minor and/or temporary nature (such as morning sickness and fatigue), which do not present a medical hazard to the mother or baby
• In case of sudden illness, you or your immediate family member must be under the age of 70 years old
Can I change my mind after purchasing MoneyBack Guarantee?
Yes. You are entitled to cancel MoneyBack Guarantee within 14 days from the date of purchase, provided that your check-in date is at least 14 days away. The refund usually takes up to 15 working days following the cancellation date to be processed. Due to bank procedures, it may take an additional 7-10 days before appearing on your bank statement. You can cancel your MoneyBack Guarantee by contacting our passenger service center.
How do I file a claim for refund?
In order to file a claim, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, notifying us of the incident and attach the documents that prove the cause of your trip cancellation.
What is the maximum time limit in which I can file a claim?
You can file a claim up to 30 days after the travel date.
What documents do I need to provide, when I file my claim?
Depending on the nature of your claim, you have to provide (at your own expense) the following:
• Documents that prove the incident/cause of claim, such as a hospital admission form, hospital documents, death certificate etc. These documents should contain the date that the event occurred, the cause, the diagnosis, the prior records and the treatment prescribed
• A document that proves the relationship between you and said family member (a certificate of birth/family affiliation for each of the parties involved in the claim)
• Any reasonable additional evidence that we ask for
All documents must be in English and must be received within 30 days from the time the claim was notified to us.
When do I get my entitled refund and how will I receive the amount?
You will receive the refund within 30 days from the time we send you an approval email for your claim. The money will be refunded to the credit card or bank account which was used to make the booking.
Who is considered as an “immediate family” member?
Your husband, wife, registered partner (if the legislation of your host country or State treats registered partnerships as equivalent to marriage), brother or sister, parent or parent-in-law, your (or your spouse’s) children are accepted as immediate family.
Who do I contact for information, in case of a claim?
Please contact our passenger service center to receive information or instructions on making a claim. We will be happy to serve you.